As we all should know by now, you can get married in Harvest Moon: Animal Parade. There are some requirements, as they are stated below. There are also some benefits and rewards for after your marriage with a potential spouse!
 Requirements for Marriage
There are some requirements for marriage. This is so you can't just pick one boy or girl you like, say you wanna marry them, and live happily ever after! This brings more realism into the game, and some may be challenging, and some requirements may be easy to obtain or achieve.
- You must have experienced all five heart events for your potential spouse.
- Your potential spouse must have at least nine hearts.
- Your house must be upgraded to at least level 2.
- Obtain the Blue Feather, which is found on the Garmon Mountain (go through all 45 floors) from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
 Heart Events
Experiencing all five heart events for your potential spouse is a major requirement if you want to tie the knot with your loved one.
- 2 Hearts - Gift #1 - You will receive a gift when you wake up in the morning.
- 4 Hearts - Gift #2 - You'll receive another morning gift from the person
- 5 Hearts - The Date - Talk to your loved one sometime in the morning. He or she will ask you on a date. Arrive at the correct date area at 4:00 PM.
- 6 Hearts - Love Letter - You will receive a love letter from your loved one in your mailbox.
- 7 Hearts - Confession - Talk to your loved one and he or she will ask you to meet them at the Lighthouse. When you arrive, they will confess their love to you. If you happen to experience a Love Confession, it will lower your affection points with all of the other eligible spouses.
 Getting the Blue Feather
The Blue Feather is an essential part of getting married in all Harvest Moon games. Here is the process you will need to follow in order to obtain it in Harvest Moon: Animal Parade.
First, you will receive a letter from Mayor Hamilton about the requirements for marriage and all of that good stuff. Next, the morning after you get a bachelor/ette up to nine hearts, Mira will be at your door to speak about seeing a blue bird and needing a feather from the bird to propose to the one you love and wish to marry.
The requirements are:
- Nine hearts with a bachelor/ette.
- Climb up to Garmon Mountain on floor 45 of the mines.
- It must be 5:00 to 7:00 PM.
Once you achieve those requirements, the blue bird should appear and leave behind a feather as it flies away. You therefore receive the Blue Feather needed to propose. Congratulations!
 After Marriage
After marriage, you can do several things with your potential spouse, such as...
- Have them help you with farm work between 6:00 and 7:00 AM (Harvest Goddess and Harvest King are exceptions to this).
- Go on walks with them.
- Go on a Honeymoon with the Toucan Island tickets Hamilton rewards you after your marriage. In order to go on your Honeymoon, give the tickets to Pascal between 6:00 AM and 12:00 PM. Weather must be sunny or cloudy.( harvest king, harvest goddess, witch and wizard do not get honeymoons)
- Receive a Box Lunch from your spouse each morning.
- Music changes on your farm (inside barn or house).
- Celebrate each other's birthdays.
- Celebrate festivals with your spouse.
- Eventually have one or two children.