Several spells are hidden throughout the game. They can be acquired by investigating shelves, tables or other means. To use them, set a spell to Y or X.
There are two types of spells. Spell Books and Monster Spells.
 Monster Spells
Monster spells are spells that allow your monster to do special effects, like do their strongest attack or find items.
First Generation Monster Spell:
- Special Concerto - A sprightly tune. Allied monsters will flash yellow and perform their best move if successful.
Second Generation Monster Spells:
- Striking March - A rousing tune. Allied mainsters will flash red and go on a rampage when they hear it.
- Inquisitive Waltz - A measured piece. Allied monsters will search their surroundings and maybe find hidden items.((Only works if all monsters in area are destroyed.))
Various spell books can be found in the game. The can be instantly cast without any monsters, as long as you have Rune Points.
First Generation Spell Book:
- Fireball - Hurls a blazing ball of flame.
Second Generation Spell Books:
- Escape - Very useful magic that will whisk you to safety faster than you can say "There's no place like home."
- Life Drain - Fires a bullet of darkness, absorbing some damage; becomes stronger as you repair it.
- Shine - Creates spinning bullets of light that surround you; more bullets appear as you repair it.
- Sonic Wind - Unleashes scythes of wind that chase down enemies; more scythes appear as you repair it.
- Stone Spike - Makes rocks spike up at your feet; becomes stronger as you repair it.
- Water Laser - Fires water at high pressure; more lasers will appear as you repair it.
- Cure - Heaing magic, restores HP; heals more as you repair it.
- Medication - Status ailment magic. Cures poison. ((As you find both missing pages it will also cure paralysis and seals.))
 Advanced Spells
- Dragon Break - This is a special support-type spell that can be acquired from the library after you have collected all of the the tablets.
- Omni-Gate - A spell received near the end of the game. Allows Kyle to return home.
 Repairing Spell Books
The spell books you receive are damaged, except for Escape. To repair them, find the missing pages for each spell book; most missing pages can be found through requests at the bulletin board in the De Sainte-Coquille Park.
Each missing page will have a number and it will describe which magic book they can be used to repair. When you have the right number of a missing page with the right spell book, you can ask Mana, in the morning classes, to repair it for you.
When the Spell book is repaired, the spell becomes stronger.